Cisco is a leading provider of networking equipment and solutions, and Cisco certification is widely recognized as one of the most valuable credentials in the IT industry. Cisco certifications validate the skills and knowledge required to design, install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot complex networking infrastructures. This article provides an overview of Cisco certification, including the different levels of certification, the training programs available, and the job opportunities for certified professionals.
What are Cisco Certifications?
Cisco certifications are highly regarded credentials that confirm the expertise and proficiency of IT professionals in Cisco technologies and products. These certifications are recognized as industry standards and are essential for individuals seeking to advance their careers in the IT field.
Cisco offers five certification levels, each with prerequisites, exams, and certifications. These levels include Entry Level, Associate Level, Professional Level, Expert Level, and Architect Level.
Cisco certifications are valuable for IT professionals seeking to enhance their skills and advance their careers. With five certification levels to choose from, individuals can select the certification that best suits their level of expertise and experience.
Levels of Cisco Certification:
Cisco certification is organized into five levels, each building upon the previous level, from entry-level to expert:
- Entry-level: Entry Networking Technician with Cisco Certification (CCENT)
Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) and Cisco Certified Technician are the two types of certifications available at the Entry level (CCT). These certifications are designed for individuals new to networking and IT and require basic knowledge of networking concepts and technologies.
- Associate level: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
The Associate level includes four certifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA), Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate, and Cisco Certified DevNet Associate. These certifications are designed for individuals who have basic knowledge of networking concepts and technologies and require more advanced knowledge and skills.
- Professional level: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
The Professional level includes six certifications: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP), Cisco Certified CyberOps Professional, Cisco Certified DevNet Professional, Cisco Certified Collaboration Professional, and Cisco Certified Data Center Professional. These certifications are designed for individuals who have advanced knowledge and skills in networking and IT and require specialized knowledge in specific areas.
- Expert level: Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
The Expert level includes two certifications: Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) and Cisco Certified Design Expert (CCDE). These certifications are designed for individuals who have expert-level knowledge and skills in networking and IT and require extensive experience and knowledge.
- Architect level: Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr)
The Architect level includes one certification: Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr). This certification is designed for individuals with the highest level of expertise in networking and IT and requires extensive experience, knowledge, and skills in designing, planning, and implementing complex networks and IT solutions.
Benefits of Cisco Certification:
Obtaining a Cisco certification can have several benefits for IT professionals, including:
- Better Job Opportunities: Having a Cisco certification on your resume can open up a world of job opportunities in the IT industry. Many companies prefer to hire candidates with Cisco certifications as they demonstrate that you have the required knowledge and skills to work with Cisco's networking products.
- Increased Salary: Cisco-certified professionals are in high demand and often command higher salaries than their non-certified counterparts. A Cisco certification proves your networking expertise and can give you a competitive edge in the job market.
- Career Advancement: A Cisco certification can help you advance your career in the networking and IT industry. It demonstrates your commitment to your profession and desires to learn and improve your skills.
- Improved Skills and Knowledge: Cisco certifications require rigorous training and testing, meaning you will gain a deep understanding of networking concepts and technologies. This will make you a better network engineer and help you solve complex networking problems.
- Industry Recognition: Cisco is a leading name in the networking industry, and its certifications are recognized worldwide. A Cisco certification can help you establish yourself as a credible and knowledgeable professional in the IT industry.
Training Programs for Cisco Certification:
Cisco offers a range of training programs to help professionals prepare for certification exams. These programs include:
- Cisco Networking Academy: A comprehensive learning program for individuals seeking entry-level networking jobs, with courses in networking, security, programming, and IoT.
- Cisco Learning Network: An online community for IT professionals to collaborate and access training resources, including study groups, certification preparation materials, and practice exams.
- Cisco Authorized Learning Partners: A network of authorized training providers that offer instructor-led courses, online training, and self-paced e-learning options.
Cisco certification provides professionals with a range of job opportunities. These certifications are highly valued in the industry, and individuals who hold them are recognized as experts in the field. Cisco certification can open up new career paths and provide professionals with a competitive edge. Here are some of the job opportunities available to Cisco-certified professionals:
- Network Administrator: A network administrator manages and maintains the network infrastructure. Cisco-certified professionals with CCNA or CCNP certifications are highly valued for this job.
- Network Engineer: A network engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the network infrastructure. Cisco-certified professionals with CCNA or CCNP certifications are highly valued for this job.
- Systems Administrator: Managed servers, storage, and other IT infrastructure components.
- Security Engineer: A security analyst is responsible for identifying and mitigating security threats and vulnerabilities in network infrastructure. Cisco-certified professionals with CCNA Security or CCNP Security certifications are highly valued for this job.
- Voice Engineer: A VoIP engineer is responsible for designing and implementing voice-over-IP (VoIP) solutions. Cisco-certified professionals with CCNA Collaboration or CCNP Collaboration certifications are highly valued for this job.
- Wireless Engineer: A wireless engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the wireless network infrastructure. Cisco-certified professionals with CCNA Wireless or CCNP Wireless certifications are highly valued for this job.
- Collaboration Engineer: Designs and implements collaboration solutions, including messaging, video, and web conferencing.
- IT Manager: IT managers are responsible for managing the IT operations of an organization. They must have a strong understanding of IT infrastructure, project management, and team leadership. Cisco-certified professionals are well suited for this role as they have extensive knowledge and experience in these areas.
- Technical Support Engineer: Technical support engineers provide technical support to customers and clients. They must have a strong understanding of networking and IT technologies and excellent communication skills. Cisco-certified professionals are well suited for this role as they have in-depth knowledge and experience.
Cisco certifications are an excellent way for individuals to advance their careers in networking and IT. With various certifications and training programs, individuals can choose the path that best suits their career goals and aspirations. The demand for Cisco-certified professionals is high, and job opportunities are available in various areas, including network engineering, security, architecture, and collaboration. By obtaining a Cisco certification, individuals can gain the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in the IT industry and advance their careers. Talk to our experts to get in-detail information about the course training now!